Sunday, September 4, 2011
September 27th – November 8th 2011
with Dr. Kate Naumes and Oil & Cotton Creative Exchange
Dr. Kate Naumes and Oil and Cotton are enthusiastically offering a Preconception and Fertility Series for optimal preconception preparation. Preconception care is what you do to prepare yourself to become pregnant. Come learn how to enhance your health in preparation for optimal fertility, a healthy full-term pregnancy, a straightforward labor, a rapid recovery, successful breastfeeding – and of course, a bright, healthy beautiful baby! Learn how nutrition, changes in body composition, exercise and sleep can positively impact your fertility and impact the health of any future pregnancy. Learn how to protect yourself from exposure to substances in the environment that can decrease fertility and harm a developing baby. Your future baby will benefit from the simple, non-invasive, cost-effective tools that naturopathic medicine has to offer during the pre-conception period. We will use journaling, discussion, and creative hands-on projects to explore mind/body issues surrounding fertility.
This series brings couples together in an inspiring environment to prepare for vibrant and healthy. Creative projects include sculpture, bookbinding, printing, collage, and handcraft.
Over the course of 7 weeks we will:
- Learn through interactive, creative participation, in a spirit of fun and curiosity
- Meet other Oak Cliff/Dallas couples with similar hopes and fears who are at a similar stage in life
- Get out of our heads and into our bodies
- Improve nutrition, exercise and sleep habits
- Learn how men’s food choices, emotions and stress responses can positively affect the genetics of your future child
- Learn how to positively impact the health of your sperm
Who is this class for?
- “We plan on becoming pregnant in the next 6 months to 1 year”
- “We want to explore natural ways to promote conception.”
- “A doctor has already recommended IVF or IUI, but I have heard that these work better when I am as healthy as possible”
7 week series – $400 per couple
To sign up for the next Preconception & Fertility Optimization Series visit or email Oil and Cotton or call 415.754.8305 to inquire about a future series.
Look for our upcoming Holistic Childbirth Education class in January!